350 degrees / 10 to 15 mins / 28 mini cupcakes (350 degrees / 15 to 20 mins / 15 regular size cupcakes)
- 125g All-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 100g Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 110g Butter (room temperature) (1/2cup, 1stick)
- 1 tbs Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 150g pumpkin puree or sweet potato puree
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice
If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can use
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 cloves
【For Cream Cheese Frosting】(If you like a lot of frosting, please make double portion :9 )
- 125g Cream cheese (half package) (room temperature)
- 30g Butter (2 tbsp) (room temperature)
- 120g〜175g Powder sugar (1cup〜1.5cup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice (cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg/cloves) and whisk until combined, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix room temperature butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into wet mixture all at once and mix until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Place in the oven and bake mini cupcakes for about 15 mins, and about 20 mins for regular cupcake mould. Check to see if it is done with a toothpick. Insert the toothpick, and if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese (room temperature) and butter (room temperature) until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon powder, maple syrup and confectioners sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
Akmei :) <3